The TYY Sauna is located in Student House A (Ylioppilastalo A) at street level. You can find the entrance between Proffan Kellari and the office of Lex ry. All TYY organisations and individual members can reserve the Sauna.
The premises include a lounge with seating, tables, a television, and a sound system. The lounge is suitable for different kinds of get-togethers, such as small sitz parties (less than 20 people). There is also a kitchen with two refrigerators, a microwave, a coffee maker, a kettle, a stove, and an oven. The maximum capacity of the lounge and sauna areas is 40 people.
You can find the reservation calendar below.
Making a reservation
To reserve the Sauna, click on "add event" at the bottom of this page and fill in the form. You will get an email when your reservation is confirmed. This may take a couple of days, so please make your reservations as early as possible. If you are not a member of TYY, you will pay your reservation when picking up the keys. If you are a member, you will get an invoice in your email after the reservation.
You can pick up the keys and sign the rental agreement at the TYY Service Point during service hours.
tel. +358 44 796 1067
TYY Service Point, Student House A (Ylioppilastalo A), 1st floor (Rehtorinpellonkatu 4 A)
Reservation rates for TYY members:
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Sundays and Mondays €125
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays €155
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Fridays €185
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Saturdays €200
Rates for non-members:
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Sundays and Mondays €190
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays €260
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Fridays €280
- Whole evening (max. 10 h), Saturdays €300
For non-members, there is also a €100 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned. If the key isn't returned within two weeks, the key deposit won't be refunded.
Please note that if the sauna reservation is not cancelled by email no later than one week prior, the renter is obliged to pay half of the agreed reservation rate.
The lounge area has seats for about 40 people. The sauna itself can accommodate about 12 people at a time.
The premises contain:
- two refrigerators with freezer compartments
- a coffee maker and a kettle
- an oven, a stove and a microwave
- kitchen utensils, pans and pots
- seats for about 40 people
- a sound system for playing music, a tv with an HDMI connection
- cleaning supplies
There is no tableware at the Sauna. If you need tableware, we recommend you to reserve the Tyyma dining set (plastic), which can also be picked up at the Service Point.
Heating up the sauna: the start-up button (käynnistysnappi) for heating up the stove is located on the wall of the cleaning cupboard in the dressing room. The sauna will be on for six hours after the button is pressed once. It takes about 20 minutes for the stove to heat up after pressing the start-up button.
If you need food for your event, consider Unica Catering.
Rules and regulations
- Users of the TYY Sauna must take care that residents of the Student Houses are not disturbed by their event. The general regulations of the Turku Student Village Foundation also apply in the sauna premises.
- The sauna can be reserved between 8 am and 1 am. There may be no noise inside the TYY Sauna premises after 1 am or outside the building after 11 pm. Everyone must leave the Sauna by 1 am. If these reservation terms are broken, TYY has the right to deny any future use of the TYY Sauna.
- The renter (the one who signs the rental agreement) is responsible for any possible property damages. The renter is responsible for the general condition and basic cleaning of the premises (sweeping the floors, tidying up the washroom, toilet and furniture, taking out the trash) and is liable if any special cleaning needs to be done after the reservation.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or in front of the building.
Questions about the premises: