The Q-House (Q-talo) is a student house located at Nummenpuistokatu 2 in Kuuvuori, near the Student Village (Ylioppilaskylä). It was introduced as a venue for parties and meetings in the autumn of 2017.
At the street level, there is a large ballroom suitable for events such as annual balls and sitz parties. In the basement, there is the separate rental space Vähä-Heikkilä for smaller get-togethers.
Making a reservation
Q-House is only meant for student unions and their members and sub-organisations. Nobody else may make evening reservations for the ballroom.
To reserve the Q-House ballroom, click on "Add event" at the bottom of this page and fill in the form. You will get an email when your reservation is confirmed. This may take a couple of days, so please make your reservations as early as possible.
You can pick up the keys and sign the rental agreement at the TYY Service Point during service hours.
TYY Service Point, Rehtorinpellonkatu 4 A, ground floor
Rules and instructions
Read these rules and instructions before your reservation:
Rates for ballroom reservations starting at 4 pm and ending the next day at noon.
|SUN-TUE||WED-SAT (and the days before national holidays)|
WED-SAT no hourly renting
For others than student organisations and their members, €5 per hour will be added to the price.
*Sunday prices apply to all common holidays
Misuse and cancellations
Please take good care of the premises. To keep the ballroom clean and affordable, every renter must clean up after themselves. Using the venue in a way that violates the rental terms results in fees.
- Violating the rental terms (even in you have only reserved the venue for an hour or two): €400.
- Neglecting cleaning (even in you have only reserved the venue for an hour or two): €400 + cleaning costs.
- Causing damage to the venue (even in you have only reserved the venue for an hour or two): €400 + repair costs.
- In misuse cases we will supplement the invoice with a charge of 40 euros for every hour of extra work caused.
- Note that you can cancel your reservation up to 4 weeks before the event. If the reservation is cancelled 1–4 weeks before the event, you will be charged 50% of the rent. If the cancellation is done less than a week before the event, you will be charged the full price.
The Q-House ballroom is equipped with:
- tables and chairs for 150 people
- tableware for 120 people (plates, utensils, glasses and coffee cups)
- a kitchen with an oven, a coffee maker, a microwave, spacious refrigerators and a dishwasher
- a sound system
- a projection screen
- disco lights
If you want to perform live music, you must talk about it with the caretaker: email@example.com.
If you need food for your event, consider Unica Catering.
Questions about renting?