The Student Union of the University of Turku (TYY) would like to welcome you to Turku and to the University of Turku. We are happy to have you here and we wish to meet you at the Orientation Course!
Please see more detailed timetables of Orientation Course:
How to join the Student Union?
► Exchange Students: The membership is voluntary but highly recommended. The International Office has sent the Student Union membership invoices via e-mail to all the exchange students during August, (normally by the end of November). If you have not got your invoice by August, please contact email@example.com. We recommend you to pay the Student Union fee and ordering the student card (Frank) before your arrival to avoid long waiting times but you may also pay your membership fee and order the card after arriving. You can also uploadr Frank mobile application free of charge if you have Android or iOS phone.
► Degree Students: The membership fee is mandatory. You will get the membership fee invoice upon registration here in Turku.
Please note that we do not send you confirmation e-mail after receiving your payment. If you have used the correct account number your payment will eventually arrive on our bank account. However, it is always a good idea to have the student union membership fee receipt with you until your student card has arrived.
- Please see the University's website for First Days in Turku
- If you have any questions concerning the Student Union, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We are here for you! Also check our FAQ-page for questions concerning the membership, student card, starting package and bank issues. Please note that we are on holiday in July (and Christmas time) but we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- After paying the membership fee, you can order the student card at Frank-website
- You will get the University's user account for IT Services and e-mail after registration.
- We recommend you to join our mailing list for international students as soon as possible. Through the list, the Student Union keeps you up to date on current issues that concern students, informs you about things that go in the Student Union and in Finland in general and also distributes information about for example the starting package, job offers or internships, language centre, sports opportunities. Since most other mailing lists operate in Finnish, this is the best list to get information that is relevant to students in English. To join the list, click here
- Also, the ESN Uni Turku (Erasmus Student Network) mailing list is a great way to stay up to date on free-time activities, parties, trips etc. Join the ESN Uni Turku mailing list here
- If you are Degree student, we recommend you to join ISTU's (International Students of Turku Universities) mailing list here
- Remember to like our international Facebook page TYY International
- We hope to see you all in our Welcome Party on September 13. Find your free entrance on the Welcome packet you get when signing up at the International Office (exchange students) or your faculty (degree students).
Enjoy your summer and Welcome to Turku!
Upon your arrival TYY will provide you with some useful material that you will hopefully find useful during your stay here in Turku.
TYY Guide for International Students
- Details on what TYY is and does and how to become a member
- Information on the student union membership benefits
- Information on the sub-organisations of the Student Union. Here you will find everything from the faculty and departmental organisations to free time activities. Why not to try something new while staying in Finland?
- You can also read the guide online here
Welcome Party -ticket
The student unions of all three universities in Turku would like to invite you to the traditional Welcome Party! This huge party will be held at Marilyn and Vegas on Wednesday September 13 from 10 pm onwards. This is your chance to get to know everybody and to have lots of fun!
Your entrance ticket to the party is in the package. Keep the ticket safe so you can enter for free!
Please, note the following:
- Coats, large bags etc. must be left at the cloakroom.
- The age limit is 18 – take your ID with you!
Remember to join our mailing lists to hear about all activities TYY and its’ sub-organizations are organizing for you by joining our e-mail lists: