Dear Exchange Students,
Time has passed quickly and it is soon time to say goodbye. We would like to remind you of some important matters to take care of before you leave.
PLEASE NOTE: International Office (Student Centre Disco) will be exceptionally closed on
30 – 31 May 2019 Ascension Day
On other times, we are open from Monday to Friday between 12 and 14. Between 15 – 29 May 2019 Disco is open between 10 and 14. In urgent matters, please send a message to email@example.com.
“CHECKOUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
- You have to visit the International Office (Student Centre Disco) before you leave home to get the final Transcript of Records and the Letter of Confirmation (Departure Certificate / Certificate of Attendance).
- The final date of your exchange is the date you visit the Student Centre Disco to complete your checkout from UTU.
- Please note the following:
-If you complete an online course of UTU at home, it won’t be counted as a part of your exchange period.
-If you travel around Finland before your departure, it won’t be counted as a part of your exchange period.
-(For Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility students (mainly outside of Europe) the end of exchange period is 31 May. Please visit us a few days before your departure.)
- Please fill in beforehand the attached Departure Form and bring it with you – we need it for checking your courses and sending the final Transcript of Records to you if your course grades have not yet been registered into NettiOpsu. Please fill in the form either electronically or by hand with clear handwriting.
- If you have the departure form or any other documents from your home university please do not fill it beforehand. Bring them with you when you are doing the checkout.
- Please change your address in NettiOpsu to the address in your home country. If you are a European Erasmus + student, the transcript will be sent to the address you have in NettiOpsu. If you come from a partner university outside of Europe, the transcript will be sent to your home university. The transcripts of ISEP students will be sent to the ISEP Global Office.
- All written tasks should be completed before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any work that has been submitted too late.
- You cannot complete any courses after your study right expires on 31 July 2019.
- Course grades and credits are usually registered within 3 weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear in NettiOpsu, please contact the teacher for the missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 July 2019.
- We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
- The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
- We hope that your time in Finland has been rewarding and that you were able to make the most of your time here.
- We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku and all the best in your future endeavours!
Staff of the International Office
University of Turku