The International Office is open from Monday to Friday between 12.00 and 14.00. In urgent matters, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take also note of the following current matters (if it applies to you):
- The International Office will be closed next week on 25 & 26 May. Otherwise we’ll have our normal office hours.
- Try to do your check-out at the International Office as close to your actual last day (of studies) in Turku as possible (it will be easier to mark down your last day of exchange). The “one week policy” we mention below in the check-out section means that when you visit the office, we can, as a general rule, date your exchange period max. one week after your visit to us (for example: a visit to the office on 16 May à last possible day of exchange period 23 May).
- If you are an IMMIT or an ITEM exchange student, please return a departure form to the International Office but handle all other paperwork with Eija Koskivaara (email@example.com). The International Office will send you your Transcript of Records and Eija will handle other departure-related paperwork.
- If you are an exchange student of the Faculty of Medicine, please remember to return your badge to us before you leave.
Do get back to us if you have any questions! Good luck with the remaining exams and assignments!
Wishing you a sunny May,
Lassi / International Office
What to do before going home?
Look up a checklist ”What to do before going home?”
“CHECK-OUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
- You have to visit the International Office max. one week before you leave home for getting the Final Transcript of Records and the Letter of Confirmation (Departure Certificate). Please notice that your date of departure will be the one you actually leave Turku or end your studies. Traveling around Finland after the exchange isn’t part of your exchange period.
- Please fill in beforehand the attached Departure Form and bring it with you – we need it for checking your courses and sending the Final Transcript of Records to you if your course grades have not yet been registered into NettiOpsu. Please fill in the form either electronically or by hand with clear handwriting. Make sure to read through the instructions on how to fill in the document, too.
- If you have the departure form of your home university please do not fill it beforehand.
- You should also go to NettiOpsu to change your address to be the one in your home country. The Transcript will be sent to the address you have in NettiOpsu.
- If you have an original Learning Agreement signed at the International Office do pick up the LA when checking out of UTU.
- All written tasks should be handed in before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any work that has been submitted too late.
- You cannot complete courses after your study right ends on 31 July 2017.
- Course grades and credits are normally registered within two weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear, please contact the teacher for missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your Final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 July 2017.
NOTIFICATION OF MOVE
- Remember to make a notification of move before you go home, i.e. let the local Register Office or a local post office know that you will no longer be in Finland.
- You can get the form for the notification at the Register Office or at any post office.
- Please see www.maistraatti.fi/en/Services/Notification-of-move/
- If you haven’t sent your Finnish Identity Code to us yet, please remember to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire. The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
We hope that your time in Finland has been rewarding and that you were able to make the most of your time here.
We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku and all the best in your future endeavours!
Staff of the International Office