Dear Exchange Students,
Time has passed quickly and it is soon time to say good-bye. International Office of the University of Turku would like to remind you of some important matters to take care of before you leave.
Opening hours: International Office is closed the weeks 52 and 53 (21 December – 3 January), otherwise we are open normally Mon-Fri 12-14.
The message below does NOT apply to students staying in Turku for the Spring Semester.
CHECKLIST: Look up a checklist ”What to do before going home?”
“CHECK OUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
- You have to visit the International Office max. one week before you leave home for getting the Final Transcript of Records and the Letter of Confirmation (Departure Certificate).
- Exception: If you leave during the weeks 52 or 53 you can visit us during the week 51. In that case please take your plane tickets with you!
- Please fill in the attached Departure Form and bring it with you – we need it for checking your courses and sending the Final transcript to you.
- You should also go to NettiOpsu to change your address to be the one in your home country. The Transcript will be sent to the address you have in NettiOpsu.
- All the written tasks should be handed in before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any late work.
- You cannot complete courses after your right to study ends on 31 December.
- Course grades and credits are normally registered within two weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear, please contact the teacher for missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your Final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 January.
NOTIFICATION OF MOVE
- Remember to make a notification of move before you go home, i.e. let the local Register Office and Post know that you will no longer be in Finland. Please see their website.
- You can get the form for the notification at the Register Office or at any post office.
- If you haven’t sent your Finnish Identity Code to us yet, please remember to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
- The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
SERVICES OF THE STUDENT UNION
- Please remember to return your starting package. You can check the opening hours on the website.
- We are glad you joined our e-mail lists. If you want to unsuscribe, you can do it through our website.
We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku!
Staff of the International Office & TYY