News | 11.5.2015
Dear Exchange Students,
This is a reminder of some important matters to take care of before you leave – please read the following information carefully.
- Look up a checklist ”What to do before going home?” at https://intranet.utu.fi/en/unit/international-office/exchange-students/Pages/Before-Going-Home.aspx
- You should fill in and bring Departure Form to International office max. one week before your departure.
- Note that you can fill in the form electronically before printing it.
- Please add all the courses you have successfully completed and the ones which are still waiting for the final grade.
LETTER OF CONFIRMATION
- Most of you will need for your home university a certificate of your exact arrival and departure days in Turku. This certificate can be obtained from the International Office.
- Certificates will be given personally max. one week before your departure from Turku. (E.g. if you want to have 31 May as your departure date, the earliest you can get the certificate is Monday 25 May.)
- All the written tasks should be handed in before you leave.
- Teachers are not obliged to read any late work.
- You cannot complete courses after your right to study ends on July 31.
- Course grades and credits are normally registered within two weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear, please contact the teacher for missing grades.
- This way you speed up the process of getting your Final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until July 31.
FINAL TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS
- Your Final Transcript of Records will be sent to your home address, or in some cases to your home university.
- We use the Departure Form (as attachment) to check that all courses appear in your Final Transcript of Records, before sending it to you.
- You should also go to NettiOpsu to change your address information to be your address in your home country. We will use the address you have in NettiOpsu to send your Transcript of Records.
- We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
- The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!