Wings are a part of the Student Union and their goal is to make the Student Union a better place for everyone. In the Wings, you have the freedom to create new free time activities for students and to take care of students’ interests.
The Wings are based on four different themes: development cooperation, environment, equality, and internationality.
Development Cooperation Wing
- plans and carries out TYY’s development cooperation projects with TYY’s development cooperation sector
- promotes the UN’s sustainable development goals in the Student Union
- organises different kinds of development cooperation themed events and TYY’s sustainable development week
- promotes environmentally friendly procedures among the students and in the Student Union, the university and the society
- organises environmental training for TYY’s organisations
- organises CleanVappu campaign in the spring and participates in TYY sustainable development week in autumn
- updates TYY's environmental programme and follow its implementation at all levels
- promotes equality and accessibility at the Student Union and the university, highlights the diversity of students
- organises events that are connected to equality
- communicates about accessibility and equality issues
- promotes actively internationalisation, tolerance, and multiculturalism on campuses
- cooperates with TYY’s organisations and other international organisations to create events that advance the Wing’s goals
- chooses annually the winner of TYY International Award
We are looking for regular members. We expect the applicants to have motivation and enthusiasm for the task and ability to work in a group. You can apply for several Wings but become selected only in one Wing. You can apply for the autumn semester 2020 or the academic year 2020-2021.
The application period starts on 8 April and ends on 20 April at 23.59.
Applications are sent via TYY website form
TYY Executive Board will go over the applications and choose the Wing members in their meeting 13/2020. There will be training day organised in Zoom for the new Wing members on 4 May at 16-18.
TYY emphasises the importance of transparency and equality. We hope to get numerous applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
More information about Wings on TYY website and Facebook.
More information about applying:
Kristaps Kovalonoks, TYY Executive Board, Volunteers