The Student Union of the University of Turku seeks SPECIALIST for a full-time open-ended employment relationship. The work begins as soon as possible during this year.
We offer you an interesting job within promotion of student interests, internationalism and student world, challenging and wide-ranging work tasks and excellent possibilities to develop your expertise.
The duties of the Specialist include international, development cooperation and sustainable development affairs of the Student Union:
- Promotion of academic and social student interests
- Counselling, service and promotion of the interests of international students and other members
- Guiding project workers and volunteers
- Familiarization and communicating to members on international, development cooperation and sustainable development affairs
- Cooperation with the university on affairs related to the position
- Coordination of TYY development cooperation projects
We expect that you have:
- Knowledge of national and international academic affairs
- Understanding of international mobility and/or international affairs of universities
- Excellent written and oral Finnish and good written and oral English
- Good cooperation skills and ability to handle extensive affairs
- Customer service spirit and initiative
- University studies
We consider it an asset if you have experience in work tasks related to internationalism, development cooperation or sustainable development, wide-ranging communication skills, knowledge of the administration of the University of Turku and activities of Student Union and subject-specific organisations.
The basic pay is 2251,43 euro/month + possible experience and degree extras. Working time is 36,5 hours per week. Employment benefits include partial lunch and free time benefits. The employment is regulated by the collective agreement of Student Unions.
Free-form applications with CVs should be submitted by 31 Oct 2021 at 23.59 electronically to email@example.com. The title of the email should be "call for a specialist in international affairs".
The best candidates are interviewed already during weeks 44 and 45 and the decision will be made in an Executive Board meeting on 17 Nov 2021. Introduction to the job will be organised in the beginning of the employment.
TYY emphasises transparency and equality in its activities. We hope to receive applications from many people with different backgrounds.
The Student Union of the University of Turku is an organisation promoting the interests and providing services for more than 14,000 basic degree and doctoral students. The Student Union promotes the cultural, social and societal aims of its members.
On the employment contract: Secretary General Petra Peltonen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0400 551 931
On the position: Satu Nurmi, email@example.com, 044 796 1063 (available between 8 Oct and 18 Oct)
The Student Union of the University of Turku complies with the data protection activities described at https://www.tyy.fi/en/student-union/documents/data-protection-notice. The work applications sent to the Student Union are public under the Act on the Openness of Government Activities (621/1999).