Discipline-specific advisory boards of the Library of the University of Turku seek student representatives for a term ending on 31 JUL 2019. The library of the University of Turku is an academic library, which primarily serves the research, teaching and studying conducted at the University of Turku. It is a general research library and open to everyone in search of information.
Cooperation organs of the library and the university community include three discipline-specific advisory boards. The open student representative positions are in the following advisory boards:
- common advisory board of the Faculties of Education, Law and Social Sciences and of the Turku School of Economics
- common advisory board of the Faculties of Medicine and of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
The tasks of the library advisory boards include
- To promote interaction and to act as a cooperation forum between library and its users, i.e. the academic community and students.
- To participate as experts in developing the discipline-specific supply of information material obtained by the library. The members of the advisory board, inter alia, serve as experts in evaluating the material in use and available, and discuss the election criteria of materials.
- To contribute to developing the service supply of the library, especially with regard to services needed in research and studying, taking into account the difference service needs of different disciplines.
Each advisory board searches for one (1) deputy for the term ending on 31 Jul 2019. The student representatives should study in one of the faculties of which advisory board they apply. Search for student representatives will begin on Monday, 25 SEP 2017. Apply by filling an electronic form found at TYY website (www.tyy.fi) by Monday, 23 OCT 2017 at 23.59.
In the election of the student representatives attention will be paid, for example, on previous experience in promoting student interests in student organisations and in the administration of higher education institutions, balanced representation of faculties, departments or subjects and balanced gender distribution of student representatives in the organ.
According to TYY’s regulation, people with the right to complete a lower university degree, higher university degree, licentiate or doctoral degree, specialist degree in medicine or in dental science in the University of Turku are eligible for application. The eligible applicants must also be registered as present in the university. People who have a full-time employment of at least twelve months at the university are not eligible to apply. The limit of full-time employment is considered 30 hours per week.
According to TYY's Regulation on the election of student representatives, the number of posts of student representatives in the administration is limited to three posts per person. The limitation does not apply to internal working groups of faculties or departments. This decision is intended to ensure balanced distribution of the posts of student representatives in the administration.
TYY emphasises transparency and equality in its activities. We hope to receive applications from many people with different backgrounds.