TYY seeks student representatives to the Subject-specific Advisory Boards of the University Library for the term ending 31 Aug 2022. The Library of the University of Turku is a academic library that gives services to those doing research, teaching and studies in the University of Turku. It also acts as a general research library and is open to anyone seeking knowledge.
To enhance cooperation between the University Library and the University Community there are three Advisory Boards. The search of student representatives to them is as follows:
- Advisory Board of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine: one student member and one deputy member
- Advisory Board of Education, Economics, Law and Social Sciences: two deputy members
The tasks of the Advisory Boards are:
- Enhance communication and be a forum for cooperation between the library and its users, the research community and the students.
- To participate in the development of the library database and its research field specific procurement. Members of the Advisory Board will act as specialist on the use of materials and will comment the selection criteria of the materials.
- To participate in the development of the library services especially concerning services for research and study.
Advisory Boards meet on average once every semester.
Term of the Advisort Boards ends 31 Aug 2022. The student representative has to study in one of the Faculties related to the Advisory Board. Search for student representatives will begin on Wednesday, 20 May 2020. One may stand as a candidate for membership in the Advisory Board by filling an electronic form found at TYY website (www.tyy.fi) by Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 23.59. The Specialist for Academic Affairs will draft a proposal for TYY Executive Board on the elected. TYY Executive Board will make the decision on student representatives in June.
In the election of student representatives to the Advisory Boards, attention will be paid, for example, on previous experience from associations, from the administration of higher education institutions and from interest promotion,on motivation and commitment to the task, on balanced representation of faculties, departments or subjects and balanced gender distribution in the organ.
According to TYY’s regulation, people with the right to complete a lower university degree, higher university degree, licentiate or doctoral degree, specialist degree in medicine or in dental science in the University of Turku are eligible for application. The eligible applicants must also be registered as present in the university. People who have a full-time employment of at least twelve months at the university are not eligible to apply. The limit of full-time employment is considered to be 30 hours per week.
According to TYY's Regulation on the election of student representatives, the number of posts of student representatives in the administration is limited to three posts per person. The limitation does not apply to internal working groups of faculties or departments. This entry is intended to ensure balanced distribution of the posts of student representatives in the administration.
TYY emphasises transparency and equality in its activities. We hope to receive applications from many people with different backgrounds.