The Student Union of the University of Turku (TYY) would like to welcome you to Turku and to the University of Turku. We are happy to have you here and we wish to meet you in the Orientation Course!
How to join the Student Union?
► The membership is voluntary but highly recommended. The International Office will send the Student Union membership invoices via e-mail to all the exchange students during November-December. If you have not got your invoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pay the Student Union fee already before arriving in your home country if possible, but also in Turku if you have problems with the payment. You can order the student card (Frank) after 1 January 2018. The card is sent to your home address here in Finland so remember to make notification of move to the post office. The card costs € 16,10.
You can upload Frank mobile application free of charge if you have Android or iOS phone and Finnish id number. There will be more information about Finnish id number in the orientation.
Please note that we do not send you confirmation e-mail after receiving your payment. If you have used the correct account number your payment will eventually arrive on our bank account. However, it is always a good idea to have the student union membership fee receipt with you until your student card has arrived.
- Please see the University's website for First Days in Turku
- If you have any questions concerning the Student Union, please contact email@example.com We are here for you! Also check our FAQ-page for questions concerning the membership, student card, starting package and bank issues. Please note that we are on holiday in 20 December to 1 January but we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- After 1 January 2018, you can order the student card at Frank-website
- You will get the University's user account for IT Services and e-mail after registration.
- We recommend you to join our mailing list for international students as soon as possible. Through the list, the Student Union keeps you up to date on current issues that concern students, informs you about things that go in the Student Union and in Finland in general and also distributes information about for example the starting package, job offers or internships, language centre, sports opportunities. Since most other mailing lists operate in Finnish, this is the best list to get information that is relevant to students in English. To join the list, click here
- Remember to like our international Facebook page TYY International
- We hope to see you all in our Welcome Party on 18 January. Find your free entrance on the Welcome packet you get when signing up at the Student Centre Disco.
Welcome to Turku!