Bahasa Indonesia is a language spoken by over 200 million people on a daily basis. This course introduces students to the basics of the language and at the same time explores the diverse culture and history of the area.
By the end of the course the student should be able to:
1. introduce him/herself, introduce others, and ask/answer for personal details;
2. use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs;
3. interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help;
4. recognize and appreciate Indonesian culture, such as traditional dances, traditional musical instruments, traditional games, and culinary Indonesia.
1. Greetings expressions, thanking, apologizing;
2. Simple sentences in introduction activities, including oral and written communication;
3. Simple sentences to ask and answer questions;
4. Vocabulary related introduction activities, family tree, personal details, numbers and time, direction and location;
5. Practice and playing traditional dances, traditional musical instruments, traditional games, and/or culinary Indonesia.