While in Finland, would you like to have a possibility to interact easily with Finnish people outside your studies and get firsthand experience of the Finnish education system?
If so, one option is visiting a real Finnish school through the Erasmus in Schools -programme! By joining the programme you get a chance to see take part in a normal school day by giving the students lessons as a visiting student.
Erasmus in Schools offers you:
- a possibility to visit one or more schools (preschool, primary, secondary, vocational) at your region or in a town nearby
- a possibility to meet Finnish teachers and pupils
- a possibility to take part in classes of your choice e.g. telling about your home country, teaching language, subject of your study, sports...
- a possibility to form a connection to the school and the teacher/s for possible future cooperation
- travelling expenses will be reimbursed
Your school visit makes a difference to the pupils!
- Pupils get to meet people from other cultures to boost their interests in intercultural communication and broaden their worldviews
- Your visit encourages them to use foreign languages
- Your visit encourages them to gaze forward to the possibilities of student exchange abroad
Signing up is easy!
- Read through the section “Information for Students”
- You can then sign up at matching machine and wait to be matched with one of the registered schools
- Then, you can contact the teacher to agree upon the date and content of your school visit!