While in Finland, would you like to have a possibility to interact easily with Finnish people outside your studies and get firsthand experience of the Finnish education system?
If so, one option is visiting a real Finnish school through the Erasmus in Schools -programme! By joining the programme you get a chance to see take part in a normal school day by giving the students lessons as a visiting student.
Erasmus in Schools offers you:
- a possibility to visit one or more schools (preschool, primary, secondary, vocational) at your region or in a town nearby
- a possibility to meet Finnish teachers and pupils
- a possibility to take part in classes of your choice e.g. telling about your home country, teaching language, subject of your study, sports...
- a possibility to form a connection to the school and the teacher/s for possible future cooperation
- travelling expenses will be reimbursed
Your school visit makes a difference to the pupils!
- Pupils get to meet people from other cultures to boost their interests in intercultural communication and broaden their worldviews
- Your visit encourages them to use foreign languages
- Your visit encourages them to gaze forward to the possibilities of student exchange abroad
Signing up is easy!
Go to www.erasmusinschools.fi
Read through the section “Information for Students”
You can then sign up at https://matchingmachine.hci.fi and wait to be matched with one of the registered schools
Then, you can contact the teacher to agree upon the date and content of your school visit!
Video: Videoclip on Erasmus in Schools