Dear Exchange Students,
Time has passed quickly and it is soon time to say good-bye. We would like to remind you of some important matters to take care of before you leave.
NB! The message below does NOT apply to students staying in Turku for the Spring Semester.
PLEASE NOTE: International Office (Student Centre Disco) will be closed at least until the end of this semester, so all the paperwork will be handled online.
In urgent matters, please send a message to email@example.com.
- Look up a checklist ”What to do before going home?”
“CHECK-OUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
In order to get the Final Transcript of Records and the Letter of Confirmation (Departure Certificate), please complete the following steps.
- Fill in the attached Departure Form and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we need it for checking your courses and sending the Final Transcript of Records to you if your course grades have not yet been registered into NettiOpsu. Please also include in the email your boarding pass / travel ticket. Your end of exchange date will be the day you leave Finland. In addition to your departure date, there will be a mention in the Letter of Confirmation that courses continued online until 31 December 2020.
- If you have the Letter of Confirmation of your home university please do not fill it beforehand. Instead, send it at the same time with your other documents to email@example.com. We will sign it for you and send it back to you by email.
- Please change your address in NettiOpsu to be the address in your home country.
Once we have processed your documents and all your final course grades have appeared to NettiOpsu, we will send you the Transcript of Records and Letter of Confirmation by email.
- All the written tasks should be done before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any work that has been submitted too late.
- You cannot complete courses after your right to study ends on 31 December 2020.
- Course grades and credits are normally registered within three weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear, please contact the teacher for missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your Final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 January 2021.
- If you didn’t send your Finnish Identity Code to us yet, please remember to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
- The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
We hope that your time in Finland has been rewarding and that you were able to make the most of your time here despite the ongoing global pandemic.
We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku and all the best in your future endeavours!
Staff of the International Office
FI-20014 University of Turku, Finland
Tel +358 29 450 5000