Dear Exchange Students,
Those of you who are still in Turku we would like to remind you of some important matters to take care of before you leave.
PLEASE NOTE: Student Centre Disco will be closed till the end of July.
- Look up a checklist ”What to do before going home?” at https://intranet.utu.fi/index/exchange_students/Pages/before_going_home.aspx
- you’ll find there too the Departure form
“CHECKOUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- the filled departure form. Please add the courses too that you are completing online to UTU
- your boarding pass/ travel ticket to show when you left Finland
- If you have the departure form or any other documents from your home university please do not fill it beforehand but send it too to email@example.com
- We’ll add to the Letter of Confirmation that the online courses at UTU continued till the end of May 2020.
- Remember to update your address in Nettiopsu too where to send your final transcript of record when it is completed and your Letter of Confirmation of your exchange period.
If you are a European Erasmus + student, the transcript will be sent to the address you have in NettiOpsu.
If you come from a partner university outside of Europe, the transcript will be sent to your home university.
The transcripts of ISEP students will be sent to the ISEP Global Office.
Depending on when we’ll be back at the office you’ll get the documents printed and sent by mail during the summer at the latest.
Be prepared that at home you will be in quarantine for 2 weeks according to the instructions of your home country.
- All written tasks should be completed before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any work that has been submitted too late.
- You cannot complete courses after your study right expires on 31 July 2020.
- Course grades and credits are usually registered within 3 weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear in NettiOpsu, please contact the teacher for the missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 July 2020.
- We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
- The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
The blue printing tag – please return that to mailbox of the Nature Helpdesk next to Student Centre Disco or you could send it by mail:
University of Turku, IT-palvelupiste Natura, Helpdesk, Vesilinnantie 5, 20500 Turku FINLAND
The medical students – the ID badge – please return it to the mailbox of the Student Centre Disco in Natura building or send it by mail:
University of Turku, Student Centre Disco, University Hill, 20500 Turku FINLAND
Students outside Europe – if you have problems to return home please contact the Embassy of your home country. Hopefully they are able to organise your journey back home.
In case you are stuck in Finland and your residence permit is about to expire please check MIGRI’s new instructions what to do next. They were published today.
We hope that your time in Finland has been rewarding and that you were able to make the most of your time here.
We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku and all the best in your future endeavours!
Staff of the International Office