Dear Exchange Students,
Time has passed quickly and it is soon time to say good-bye. We would like to remind you of some important matters to take care of before you leave.
NB! The message below does NOT apply to students staying in Turku for the Spring Semester.
PLEASE NOTE: International Office (Student Centre Disco) will be exceptionally closed on
6.12.2019 Independence Day of Finland
23.12.2019 – 1.1.2020 closed during Christmas time
On other times, we are open from Monday to Friday between 12 and 14.
During the week before Christmas 16. – 20.12.2019 Student Centre Disco is open between 10 and 14.
In urgent matters, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“CHECK-OUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
- You have to visit the International Office (Student Centre Disco) before you leave home to get the Final Transcript of Records and the Letter of Confirmation (Departure Certificate).
- Your end of the exchange date will be the day you “check out” in the International Office
- Please fill in beforehand the attached Departure Form and bring it with you – we need it for checking your courses and sending the Final Transcript of Records to you if your course grades have not yet been registered into NettiOpsu. Please fill in the form either electronically or by hand with clear handwriting.
- If you have the Letter of Confirmation of your home university please do not fill it beforehand.
- Please change your address in NettiOpsu to be the address in your home country. The Transcript will be sent to the address you have in NettiOpsu.
- All the written tasks should be done before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any work that has been submitted too late.
- You cannot complete courses after your right to study ends on 31 December 2019.
- Course grades and credits are normally registered within three weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear, please contact the teacher for missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your Final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 January 2020.
- If you didn’t send your Finnish Identity Code to us yet, please remember to do so: email@example.com
If you didn’t pick up your Finnish ID Code paper from student centre yet you’ll get it when checking out of UTU
- We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
- The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
We hope that your time in Finland has been rewarding and that you were able to make the most of your time here.
We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku and all the best in your future endeavours!
Staff of the International Office