Dear Exchange Students,
Time has passed quickly and it is soon time to say good-bye. We would like to remind you of some important matters to take care of before you leave.
PLEASE NOTE: International Office (Student Centre Disco) will be exceptionally closed on
- 30.4.2018 Vappu
- 10. – 11.5.2018 Ascension Day
On other times, we are open from Monday to Friday between 10 and 14. In urgent matters, please send a message to email@example.com.
Look up a checklist ”What to do before going home?”
“CHECK-OUT” AT THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
- You have to visit the International Office (Student Centre Disco) before you leave home to get the Final Transcript of Records and the Letter of Confirmation (Departure Certificate).
- If you visit us before the 16th of May, your end of exchange date will be the day you “check out” in the International Office.
- If you do the “check out” on the 17th or later, your end of exchange period will be the 31th of May.
- (For Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility students (mainly outside of Europe) the end of exchange period is the 31th of May, please visit us a few days before your departure.)
- Please fill in beforehand the attached Departure Form and bring it with you – we need it for checking your courses and sending the Final Transcript of Records to you if your course grades have not yet been registered into NettiOpsu. Please fill in the form either electronically or by hand with clear handwriting.
- If you have the departure form of your home university please do not fill it beforehand.
- Please change your address in NettiOpsu to be the address in your home country. The Transcript will be sent to the address you have in NettiOpsu.
- All the written tasks should be done before you leave - teachers are not obliged to read any work that has been submitted too late.
- You cannot complete courses after your right to study ends on 31 July 2018.
- Course grades and credits are normally registered within two weeks from the date of the exam or the submitted assignments' deadline. If they do not appear, please contact the teacher for missing grades. This way you speed up the process of getting your Final Transcript of Records.
- You can access NettiOpsu until 31 July 2018.
NOTIFICATION OF MOVE
- Remember to make a notification of move before you go home, i.e. let the postal service know that you will no longer be in Finland.
- You can get the form for the notification at any post office.
- Please see www.maistraatti.fi/en/Services/Notification-of-move/
We would appreciate if you could give us feedback on your exchange experience at UTU by filling in our online questionnaire.
The form is very simple and quite short; it should only take you around 5-10 minutes to fill it in. Thank you!
We hope that your time in Finland has been rewarding and that you were able to make the most of your time here.
We wish you all happy final weeks in Turku and all the best in your future endeavours!
Staff of the International Office