The Student Union of the University of Turku is searching for local Coordinator of the National Development Cooperation Week
The Week is part of the “Viestintä ja globaalikasvatus” (Communication and Global education) project, which is carried out in 2015 and 2016. TYY has organised Development Cooperation weeks for several years. Theme for 2016 is Post-2015 sustainable development goals.
The coordinators of the Students Unions form a Steering Group that meets few times a year to plan and discuss about the project. The coordinator of TYY is responsible for the Development Cooperation Week’s arrangements in Turku and gathering a group of students that organises the week together. Work starts in the spring and most work is done during the first weeks of autumn semester, during the Development Cooperation week (organised tentatively in October) and when reporting after the event. The applicant does not have to speak Finnish but the voluntary group must include members that are able to communicate about the project in Finnish.
The coordinator's tasks are:
- planning and organising the Development Cooperation week in Turku
- participation in the Steering Group’s meetings in Helsinki
- production of local information material
- reporting of the project
- regular communication about the project
- holding the meetings of the voluntary group
- studies of higher education
- experience in project coordination
- interest in development cooperation
- commitment to the project for 2016
- possibility to attend the training in Helsinki 14.-15.3.2016
The benefits for this post are:
- previous experience in event production, development cooperation and team management
Working as the project coordinator will give an excellent opportunity to learn about development cooperation in practice. The coordinator is helped by TYY’s Development Cooperation Wing, a group of local volunteers and a national steering group.
The project coordinator's contract is temporary until 31.12.2016 or as agreed. The salary is 1330 €. The working hours will begin in March 2016, or by agreement.
Application period starts on Thursday, 21 January 2016. Motivation letter and CV in English or Finnish are to be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period ends on Wednesday 3 February 2016 at 23.59. Some applicants will be called for an interview that will be arranged during week 6. The coordinator is chosen on the 18 February at the Student Union Executive Board meeting.
TYY emphasizes the importance of transparency and equality. We hope to get numerous applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Satu Nurmi, Specialist, International Affairs